Monday, July 18, 2011

4th Birthday Cake - Dinoaurs!



All Aidan asked me for on his birthday was a dinosaur cake......of course. He didn't want the T-Rex mold tin you can buy, he wanted one with a volcano?? with lava?? and a lake???!!!Im sure he knows about my lack of artistic ability and was just trying to mess with me but Im also very determined that despite his food allergies he will have a birthday cake like any other kid and not a poor substitute. If you have a kid who is allergic to milk and eggs (among other things) you will know how hard it is to make a normal tasting cake. The actual taste I have pretty much figured out. People tell me they can't taste the difference and some even say they prefer mine, its just the decorating that needs some work :) I have a few years to practice before he really notices they may not be exactly like the ones you would get in a store but at least it tasted ok! Oh, and mummy will return all of your dinosaurs later honey!

No comments: