Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gunnamatta Park

Another beautiful place is the bay side of Cronulla. It has a great playground for the kids, nice grass picnic areas and picnic sheds and clear, calm water for the kids. I actually learnt to swim here. The swimming area is surrounded by nets although it doesn't stop the jellyfish :) We used to have lessons at 7am and I remember it being freezing! Once you could jump in and swim the length of the pontoon you got a certificate to say you could swim. Now, picture being a little kid jumping off a high pontoon into black water where you couldn't see the bottom. It was cold, and yes, you might hit the odd jellyfish. I remember crying and refusing to go into my lessons. As an adult i can see why!! I eventually did learn to swim and that day my instructor and I swam from the pontoon into the beach.

No comments: